Baotou Teachers’ College
Located in Baotou, Inner Mongolia autonomous region, Baotou Teachers’ College evolved from Baotou Normal College which was established in 1958. In 2000, Baotou Normal College, the former Baotou Normal School together with Baotou Educational College were merged and upgraded to an undergraduate college, and later renamed as Baotou Teachers’ College. In 2003, Baotou Teachers’ College was merged with the former Baotou Steel and Iron Institute and Baotou Medical College into Inner Mongolia University of Science and Technology. In 2004, following approval by the People’s Government of Inner Mongolia autonomous region, it recovered its own independent legal personality in the name of Baotou Teachers’ College of Inner Mongolia University of Science and Technology. In 2007, it began to admit postgraduate students. In 2008, it was ranked as “Excellent” in the Evaluation of Undergraduate Teaching conducted by the Ministry of Education.
During the past 60 years, the College has developed into a normal university concentrating on undergraduate education, promoting the coordinated development of postgraduate education and continuing education, and integrating pre-service cultivation and post-training. At present, Baotou Teachers’ College consists of 16 secondary schools, four supporting departments for teaching and research, and 14 functional departments. It now offers three master’s degree programs of second-level disciplines, two professional master’s degree programs, and 46 undergraduate programs with an enrollment of 13,665 undergraduates and graduate students.
Add: No 3 Kexue Road, Qingshan district, Baotou, Inner Mongolia autonomous region